Welcome to the 2015-2016 school year at José Martí MAST 6-12 Academy, Where Learning Means More Doing. That’s the Power of MAST! On behalf of the entire faculty and staff, we are looking forward to working hand in hand with you in order to make this new school year one of the best. It is our goal to provide high performance teaching and learning within our school that will ultimately prepare your child for college and their future career.
I encourage you to be involved in your child's education by advocating the ideas that I have indicated below.
• Be sure that your child attends school every day and that he/she is on time.
• Be a daily advocate for your child to make sure that he/she learns each and every day.
• Be sure that all homework is completed and that each day includes at least 30 minutes of reading.
• Meet with your child’s teachers at least once or twice each year.
• Join the PTSA.
• Become an active member of the Educational Excellence School Advisory Council (EESAC)
As we move through the school year, it may become necessary for you to speak with me about the progress of your child or about the state of our school. I encourage you to contact my secretary, Ms. Sonia Martinez, to arrange all necessary meetings throughout the school year and I certainly welcome you to speak with me at any time as I am “out and about”, before, during and after school. Finally, I want to wish each and every one of you good luck in all of your endeavors throughout the school year. It is important for us to work together in regards to all aspects of your child’s education as we move through the school year.
JOSE ENRIQUEZ JR, Principal