In addition to viewing this summary agenda, you may now view the full content of each Agenda Item by clicking on the Agenda Item Number. You will need an Adobe Acrobat Reader, which may be downloaded free of charge from Adobe.
THE SCHOOL BOARD OF MIAMI-DADE COUNTY, FLORIDA
JULY 24, 2014 FIRST BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING 6:00 P.M.
The agenda for regular meetings is published on the Wednesday prior to the Board meeting. The summary agenda will normally be posted here on the Thursday preceding the meeting. Revisions will generally be posted on Friday, and Tuesday PM prior to the meeting. To view a history of changes to the Agenda click here.
PERSONS WISHING TO SPEAK AT THE FIRST BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING should submit a written
request to the Superintendent of Schools, 1450 N.E. Second Avenue, Room 158, Miami, Florida 33132, NO LATER THAN 12:00 NOON, WEDNESDAY, JULY 23, 2014.
Speakers Supplemental List will
generally be posted on Tuesday PM or Wednesday
AM prior to the meeting.
The School Board of Miami-Dade County, Florida, seeks public input and participation. However, the public purpose is not served when citizens become disorderly or disrupt the meeting. Accordingly, the Chair may order the removal from any School Board meeting of any person interfering with the expeditious or orderly process of the meeting provided the Chair has first issued a warning that continued interference with the orderly processes of the meeting will result in removal. Any law enforcement authority or a sergeant-at-arms designated by Chair shall remove any person ordered removed pursuant to this section §1001.372 (3), Fla.Stat.
The published agenda is available for review on the Internet at: [http://www.dadeschools.net].
CALL TO ORDER
MOMENT OF SILENT MEDITATION
BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING
SP-1 TENTATIVE ADOPTION OF MILLAGE LEVY RESOLUTION FOR FY 2014-15
RECOMMENDED: That The School Board of Miami-Dade County, Florida, authorize the Superintendent to:
- 1) tentatively adopt the millage rates below:
- a) locally levied Discretionary Operating millage levy of .687 mills and Capital Outlay millage levy of 1.561 mills;
- b) state established and Required Local Effort millage levy of 5.527 mills; and
- c) Debt Service levy of .199 mills.
- 2)tentatively adopt the millage resolution for FY 2014-15 for a total of 7.974 mills.
SP-2 TENTATIVE ADOPTION OF THE FY 2014-15 BUDGET
RECOMMENDED: That The School Board of Miami-Dade County, Florida:
- 1. tentatively adopt the FY 2014-15 Annual Budget, which consists of the budget approved for advertising on July 16, 2014, as shown on Attachment A in the agenda item, and including any amendments approved by the Board following the public hearing on July 24, 2014; and
- 2. approve the FY 2014-15 School Allocation Plan.
SP-3 ADOPTION OF POLICIES AND PROCEDURES FOR USE OF DISTRICT DISCRETIONARY LOTTERY FUNDS
That The School Board of Miami-Dade County, Florida, approve the policies and procedures and approve the use of District Discretionary Lottery Funds appropriated by the Legislature to fund the Educational Excellence School Advisory Council and Elementary Counselors.
NOTE: AGENDA ITEMS SP-1, SP-2 AND SP-3 WILL BE VOTED ON BY THE BOARD FOLLOWING THE BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING